AVCON > Development Projects
City of Sanford Public Safety Complex
- AVCON provided the site design of the Public Safety Complex and the following services on the adjacent City streets:
- Site design for the five-acre Public Safety Site including building footprints and parking areas;
- Rehabilitation of 13th street included the addition of on-street parking on the south side of the street, conversion from a rural section to an urban section by adding curb and gutter, and the addition of the associated drainage improvements required to permit the expanded pavement area;
- Reconstruction of Lake Ave. to provide two, 12-foot travel lanes and maximize the on-street parking;
- Providing a fully operational traffic signal at the intersection of Lake Ave. and 13th St.;
- Streetscape enhancements along 13th street including drainage modifications; and
- Stormwater pond design and permitting with SJRWMD for a wet pond to serve the public safety building and the adjacent streets.
- The Stormwater Treatment System was designed to meet the new TMDL criteria due to the project being located in the Lake Monroe Drainage Basin. Lake Monroe is classified as an Impaired Water Body and therefore requires this higher standard of stormwater treatment.